Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Starting the Journey: An Introduction to Clean Art

99% of the things we buy are trashed within 6 months. When I first heard this statistic, I was shocked! I only keep 1% of my belongings? Do I really value so little of my life? And of that 1% that we keep, what percentage of that is actually used on a regular basis? But you know what? Statistics can change. I want to increase that 1%. My goal is to save as much of that 99% of trash I create, and reuse or recycle it into something valuable and worth keeping. My challenge is to not only take trash and reuse it, but to make junk into something beautiful. This blog is a collection of not only my actions, but actions I've seen in my community that are ideal examples of how to make a change. This blog was created to educate, inspire and appreciate sustainable efforts of all shapes and sizes. Clean Art is not just a project to me. It's changing my lifestyle. It's saving a corner of the Earth. It's creative. It's a journey. And by reading this blog, I'm hoping you'll walk with me (even if it's just for part of the way) and we can take this small but significant journey together. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rethink

No comments:

Post a Comment